Friday, June 4, 2021

Favouritism

What is the way ahead? Some anecdotes: Anda loot in schools: During our JNV days, loot of food items by some powerful seniors was normal phenomena. After some years, I also used to be the part of underlying discussion of loot of food items specially eggs. Initially I used to implore them not to do that, but failing that I also used to loot eggs as much as possible and used to distribute those eggs among our junior colleagues. Once a senior, who was considered don of my school,gave a galon of kerosene oil to hide as he didn't want to distribute among hostelites. After a few days he asked me to give back the oil, I just gave him a smile and told I had already distributed those oils among hostelites. Somehow he used to bear my such actions. It is hard realities that favouritism is mostly related to caste affiliation which is being taken as immediate responsibility without having any prior connection. Because of this, the member of castes at lower strata of Indian demography are losing most because of this favouritism. It is irony that these people also emphatically advocates for so called meritocracy. There are rush of poor and needy people in all castes, but only a few castes in India are privileged to have powerful people sitting on power chairs of all institutions in India.

No comments: