Sunday, April 10, 2011

My Dear Pai





He called me today morning and told "Shanta sir me going home." As usual I asked him "When will you come back dear? I will soon come to meet you people""Oh no sir, I am finally going home. I am not going to come back again." Suddenly I realized his posting has already been decided. Although we have spent very few days together, but we have developed very deep emotional bond with each other. Whenever I used to go there (Shakti Nagar), he used to stay with me always. While sitting in his room, he kept listening me without telling a word. The moment I had stop
ped, he started asking questions clarifies his own daily affairs.

Although he spoke little to me, he always liked to show me all the activities he had done in very silent manner. Once I told him about my coming at Shakti Nagar, he with his friend went in the Basti earlier and colled all children to come definitely. Whenever I told him I am going to arrange for my sleep somewhere, he used to insist me to sleep in his room. He always felt awkward to see his room's pathetic condition in my presence and tried to arrange that properly. During winter he directed the heaters towards me and went to his friends' for sleep without getting noticed.

Why do we people come to meet and develop emotional attachment? Sometimes I think I born in a small village in northern Bihar and he took birth at the tip of southern India in Karnataka, but I always felt more affectionate with him than my own villagers. Why? There is no answer of all these questions. The truth is that he has gone and only his memories and his cares for children who changed my course of career and for whom I was anxious for one whole year.

He likes Vivekanand's thought deeply and wishes to become teacher in future to teach children the idea of India. Best of luck my Dear friend! You will always have a space in my heart.

I do remember your outburst for telling the story of India to the children of Sewa Kunj. (India was not discovered by Vasco da Gama, but always existed before than any human records.)

No comments: